General race rules
- All team members must reach Clontarf beach by 11.00am to participate in the kayak leg.
- 20/twenty Challenge hats and swimming caps must be worn to distinguish which division you are in.
- Each team must complete a minimum combined total of 12 laps in the swim. You may use your additional elite swimmer to do up to five laps. The elite swimmer swims one lap against the other elite swimmers, then other team members may enter the water.
- Teams participating in the Classic 2 km or Grand Prix division are required to arrange their own elite swimmer, if they wish to use one.
- Teams need to advise Cerebral Palsy Alliance, of who their elite swimmer is by COB by Friday 10 March (via email)
- The elite swimmer swims one lap against the other elite swimmers, then other team members may enter the water.
- Please remember the elite swimmers are volunteering their time for your team.
Running on the course
- Classic and family teams are not permitted to run any part of the course.
- The Grand Prix teams can only run from Chinamans Beach up to Georges Heights and back. All other parts of the course must be walked. Please note this is a council regulation and one of the provisions of holding the event.
- Any teams spotted running where not permitted will receive a time penalty of up to 5 minutes.
- If a swimmer gets into difficulty, they are to raise their arm and our rescue / first aid crew will come to them as quickly as possible.
- Life jackets must be secured prior to entering the kayak.
- Each team must "check in" by providing their name at every drink station along the way, as shown on the map.