We hope you and your family are staying well during this challenging period.
We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and government health advice, which continues to change regularly.
To help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and to keep our participants, volunteers and the 20/twenty community safe the following steps have been put in place and will continue indefinitely:
Self-care and Risk Minimisation
We ask that everyone follow the latest NSW Government health regulations, participants who are sick, feeling unwell or who have potentially been exposed to coronavirus must not attend the event. As part of the 20/twenty Challenge community, we all have a personal responsibility to protect each other by complying with this rule.
We ask all participants and volunteers to follow the NSW Government guidelines for basic protective measures against coronavirus:
- Stay home if you feel unwell. Anyone who has any symptoms should get tested for COVID-19. The symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, scratchy or sore throat, cough, a runny nose, feeling short of breath, headache, loss of your sense of taste or loss of your sense of smell.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. You can also use hand sanitiser.
- You should wash your hands after you cough or sneeze. Try to use a tissue or cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Safe Event Experience
In order to provide the safest event experience for our participants and volunteers, we will be putting in place processes around COVID-19 and social distancing to be in line with the NSW Government and Cerebral Palsy Alliance regulations at the time of the event.
- Social Distancing
- Social distancing measures will be in place throughout the event
- The registration area will be spread put, participants will need to register and then immediately leave the area, there will be markers in place where participants are permitted to stand during registration
- No handshakes and team celebration hugs will be permitted for the duration of the event
- The participant briefing will be spread out and completed in event divisions
- Staff and volunteers who are interacting with participants will be provided with personal protection equipment
- All participants and volunteers will need to have their temperature checked upon arriving at the event
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at the event, including at registration, drink stations and the finish area
- Frequently touched surfaces like registration and drink stations will be cleaned regularly with anti-bacterial wipes
- Kayaks, paddles and life jackets will be wiped down with anti-bacterial wipes after every single use
- Drinks stations will have single use drinks and single serve packaged sweets only
- Lunch will be provided in pre-packed lunchbox
- No handshakes / contact at the awards presentation
- Massage, face painting and some additional activities at the finish line may be excluded from the event
With the COVID-19 situation continuing to change regularly we will adapt and adjust as appropriate. We appreciate your patience over the coming months.
If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Event Manager, Erin Lee, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0466 912 191.
Thank you for your understanding at this challenging time. We cannot tell you how much we appreciate your incredible ongoing support of the 20/twenty Challenge and Cerebral Palsy Alliance.