EVENT DAY DETAILS
20/twenty Challenge car valet service.
Our fabulous volunteers will transfer your car from Shelly Beach to Clontarf Beach for you to pick up at the end of the challenge.
This service is available for challenge participants only. If you wish to use this complimentary service, please follow the below instructions carefully.
- Where possible please carpool. This will help ensure our volunteers can move your cars quickly and efficiently.
- This service is available for challenge participants who are parked at Shelly beach car Park or on Bower Street (below map). If you are parking at Shelly Beach car park, please put at least 1.5 hours on your parking meter if you don’t have a Northern Beaches parking permit. Participants parking on Bower Street, please take note of the house number that you are parked in front of (this will assist us to locate your car).
- Check your car in with the valet concierge service, beside the Boathouse Cafe on Shelley Beach, between 6.15-7am.
- When you check your car in for the valet service, please provide: your car's location, car model, colour, registration plate, name, mobile number.
- Please allow enough time to also register for the event, prior to 7am.
- Your keys will be available to collect on Clontarf Beach, between 11.30am-12.30pm.
What merchandise is included in registration?
Each participant will receive a 20/twenty backpack containing:
- Branded Swimming Cap (if you are swimming)
- Branded Beach Towel
- Branded cap
- Course map and event rules
- Water Bottle
These will be given to you on the day when you check-in
What time does the day start and finish?
The swim part of the 20/twenty Challenge commences at 7am at Shelly Beach, Manly and the day normally concludes after lunch at approximately 2pm at Clontarf Reserve.
What do I need to bring on the day?
Participants are recommended to bring:
- Weather/event appropriate clothes and shoes
- Swimming costume / wetsuit
- Full water bottle
Is there an option if I don't want to carry my belongings throughout the event?
If you don't want to carry your wet clothing or backpack we have available a drop point for these items at Shelly Beach and we will transport them over to Clontarf Reserve ready for your arrival.
Plastic bags and labels are available for you to put your items in for transporting.
*All care will be taken but no responsibility accepted for your belongings.
What do I do in case of an emergency?
All participants will be sent a text message Friday prior to the event with the name and phone number of who to contact in case of an emergency during the event
How do I make a donation?
Click on Donate at the top right-hand corner of the website.
On the next page, you will be able to search for a participant or team, or make a general donation to the event.
How do I share my request for donation on my socail media channels?
You will find the icons for many social channels on the Get Support tab within your fundraising dashboard, simply choose which channel you want to share to.
You can also share directly from your fundraising page.
My donation didn't appear and I haven't been charged for it.
It sounds like something might have gone wrong.
Please make sure you’ve completed all fields on the donation page. If this still doesn’t work, use the contact form here to get in touch.
When your donation has been successfully processed, you will receive a tax receipt via the email address you provided.
What is a tax-deductible donation?
A tax-deductible donation is any donation over $2 that was not given in exchange for goods or services. Examples of payments that are not tax-deductible include:
- Registration fees
- Purchases of raffle tickets
- The cost of attending fundraising dinners (even if the cost exceeds the value of the dinner)
- Any funds donated from outside of Australia
What is the 20/twenty Challenge?
Each year Cerebral Palsy Alliances holds the 20/twenty challenge event in the picturesque suburbs of Manly Beach, Clontarf Beach and Mosman.
Teams compete in a 20km triathalon like course against each other and the natural landscape.
Each year the teams of four people come together to raise much needed funds to support people living with cerebral palsy.
This year we are aiming to raise $400,000. Meeting this goal is vitally important in helping kids and people living with cerebral palsy live their best life by providing them with the right equipment at the right time.
When does registration open?
Registrations for the 20/twenty Challenge open each year in January.
When does the 20/twenty Challenge start and finish?
Once you complete your registration you can commence your fundraising, right through to the end of May.
The event day is on Sunday 15 May 2022.
Is there an entry fee?
There is no entry fee but an expectation of fundraising $8000 per team for the cause.
How do I form a team?
During the registration process, you will be given the option to create or join a team.
If you create a team, you will be able to invite participants to join your team when they register. Each team member will then need to complete their registration online.
How do I join a team?
During the registration process, select Join A Team and start typing your team’s name.
If you have been sent an invitation from a team captain, simply click the link in the invitation and complete your registration.
How many people are in a team?
A team consists of 4 people
Does every team need to fundraise?
The 20/twenty Challenge is a fundraising event.
All fundraising from the 20/twenty Challenge will ensure kids and people living with cerebral palsy will receive the right equipment at the right time to improve their quality of life.
Every team of 4 people is set a target of raising at least $8,000, with some teams previously raising over $30,000.
Where does all the fundraising go?
All funds raised by participants will help kids and people living with cerebral palsy live their best life by providing them with the right equipment at the right time.